The ARC/Advocacy & Resource Center was founded in 1968 as a charitable/non-profit organization. The ARC serves individuals with developmental disabilities and their families in Ottawa County.
The ARC is committed to providing service, community education, and advocacy to ensure that persons with disabilities have the opportunity to develop their full potential and lead lives of dignity and purpose. The ARC is dedicated to improving the quality of life for persons with developmental disabilities.
What We Do...
- Provide leadership
- Support and enhance local Arc efforts
- Support governmental advocacy at the local, state and national level
- Coordinate state advocacy efforts
- Influence governmental agencies and policymakers in Michigan and at the national level
- Promote autonomy and self-determination
- Promote the value and potential of all people
- Advocate for inclusion of and participation by individuals with disabilities in their communities
- Publish informational materials
- Promote high quality services
- Provide training for parents and professionals
- Close Michigan institutions that house individuals with developmental disabilities